This week we talk about our workflow for Post-Production, including media management, editing, color grading, sound design and more!
OUR NEW PRODUCTION GEAR COMPANY:
- COPY AND BACKUP ALL MEDIA TO SHARE DRIVE
- RENAME MEDIA
- MAKE FOLDERS FOR EACH ELEMENT: VIDEO/AUDIO/PROJ BU/RENDERS
- WORK FILES ON LOCAL DRIVES.
- SYNC W/ PLURALEYES
- TWO TIMELINES (Rawr and Edit)
- ROUGH EDITING
- LOTS OF VERSIONS
- ON FRAME.IO
- GET FEEDBACK
- TWEAKS AND SMOOTHING
- GET PICTURE LOCK
- DO ANY VFX IF NECESSARY
- SMOOTH OUT ALL AUDIO
- SOUND EFFECTS
- PRIMARIES AND STYLE
- RENDER MASTER (CINEFORM USUALLY)
- RENDER INDIVIDUAL VERSIONS FOR YT/FB/INSTAGRAM ETC.
- USUALLY THROUGH GOOGLE DRIVE AND YT UPLOADS
- ARCHIVED ON SHARE DRIVE.
- BACKED UP ON EXTERNAL HDDS
THEN WE BUY...
In this episode we take a look at our workflow for production and give some tips about efficient and professional video production.
Sign up for the Production Gear Newsletter at: fangsfilmgear.com
OUR PRODUCTION WORKFLOW:
- KNOW WHO'S DOING WHAT/JOBS
- DON'T UNLOAD IMMEDIATELY!
- GO FIND OUT LOCATION/PLAN/TALENT
- STRATEGIZE FOR SPECIFICS AND CHECK IF PRE-PROD IS GONNA WORK
- SET UP LIGHTS AND EQUIPMENT
- TWEAK EVERYTHING TO BE AWESOME WITH STAND IN
- CHECK CARDS/EQUIP/BATTERIES
- CALL TALENT IN
- SHOOT IN EFFICIENT ORDER
- WHEN WE'RE DONE, MAKE SURE YOU'RE REALLY DONE WITH EVERYONE.
- MANAGE MEDIA/ HAVE A PLAN
- PACK UP
- SAY GOODBYE AND THANK EVERYONE!
In this week's episode, we'll go over some of the tools used for Pre-Production, their benefits, and take a look at our workflow for pre-production.
Corridor Digital's Pre-viz run through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOeAxfb0AZ8
Here's some of our tips for anyone who does everything themselves. It can be challenging doing any type of production, but it's even harder when you're the only employee!
Here's an update of what's going on 'round the pound!
NEW TRAINING FROM GROUND CONTROL COMING SOON
NEW LUT PACK DROPPING SOON!
WAVE BRIGADE SALE IS THIS WEEKEND!
USE CODE: weekender for 20% off all royalty-free sound effects!
12 HOUR HEART SUPPORT STREAM ON YOUTUBE/TWITCH
LISTEN TO THE PAST DOGPOUND EPISODES IF'N YA HAVEN'T
DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!
Today we talk about how to make pretty videos and stay safe using drones! Enjoy!
This week we talk with our friend, Richard Cranach, who moved to LA and broke into the business as a sound mixer for several big television shows. He gives some practical advice on how to get started in the industry, unions, set etiquette, and how to improve your sound mixing game. Hope you all love it!
Sound Devices Mixers
Zoom H4n Recorder
Special guest today is Emery Wells from Frame.io Emery talks about building the video collaboration app from ground up, and the new integration with Adobe Premiere Pro.
More info at frame.io